Friday, February 10, 2012

Eric Clapton

                   I became very fond of Jimmy Page solo. It became my ringtone, my first song in every playlist. My friends got fed of me. I kept listening to this 70's song while Akon, Lady Gaga and Justin Beiber  were what they preferred. Therefore I decided to have an alternate for Jimmy Page. The search for it is not yet fully successful. I went back to my uncle to get a name to google for. In my opinion 70-80's was the time of music. Few of the names that i noted down from uncle was Eric Clapton, Jimmy Hendrix, BB King, Neil Young, Neil Diamond. One name familiar among this was  Eric Clapton for I have listened to a song named Blue Eyes Blue which was the OST of Julia Roberts movie Runaway Bride. It is an unplugged (Acoustic) song. I started researching for his famous songs. Coccaine, Layla, I shot the sheriff along with his great blues Wonderful tonight and Tears in heaven. The successor of BB king has a lot to offer. I found that each of his live performance were an improvisation. The starting and ending solo of Layla are something that wont leave us quite soon after hearing it.

Below is one of the best Layla of all time.




No comments: